Tuesday, October 5, 2010

I can haz job?

Today was a day filled with ups and downs. The biggest one for me was this:
I decided to call in about the paid IT internship that I saw here at my school. The call went well and since I was on campus, I was asked if I could just bring over a copy of my resume...which I promptly did. When I walked into the room, I encountered a geeks dreamland: servers whirring, tons of components in various states of repair including open desktop towers lying around, and much much more. I went back into the technological lair to talk to the person who would interview me.
Fixing my computer out side of it's case.
Fixing my computer outside of its case.

He was a very laid back and very cool man. The interview was part interview/part geek-talk session which made me very happy. Everything about it was awesome and upon my leaving, he asked me to get him my work study paper, which I said I would do. I realized this might be a problem as I finished my financial aid application late and sure enough, it was. I went to talk to financial aid and was told that my request would probably not get processed until the end of the quarter and a long with that, my work study funding. One of the things I hate most in life is getting really excited then being let down, and this majorly happened today.

I decided to email him tonight though and let him know the situation, and upon wonderful suggestion of my godfather, I suggested to the employer that I would work for free until my work study kicked in, yes, this is how bad I want the job...I want it for more than just the pay. I am a techie through and through and I love helping people and this will give me an outlet for both! :)

Please keep your fingers crossed for me. I'd love this so much!


P.S. On a techie/helping people note: if you have any tech questions send them my way. I will try to help you and if it's a good one, I may do a tutorial on it. :)

No comments: