Friday, March 6, 2009

Random Writings

There is a technique in writing called free writing. The concept is that you start writing and don't stop let anything stopyou  no matter what (not editing or anything, just letting thoughts flow through your brain onto the paper) until you are done. (you can do it for a timed period or not). I recently was inspired by a wonderful person to write a bit, as he posted a beautifully written blog about writing. I ended up writing this. It's not too spectacular but it's something. Enjoy.

A yawn, a sigh, and "I wish you were here". The world is much to lonely of a place. Companionship and friendship is a force that keeps people alive. We need to be able to live together and love one another. I feel like life is this thing, this thing that is delicate and yet so solid. It's taken for granted. One day we will open up like blossom full of light. Intricate petals with drops of rain creating radiant sparkles in the sun. I long to be that flower giving joy to a small toddler who marvels in wonder at the beauty. The child's eyes reflecting it's image and it's radiance. Marvelous beings these children are who see the world with out judgment or bias. And when the only way to hurt a child is to not hold them, it makes you wonder how hurt we are from day to day. It's one of the reasons I love free hugs. We are able to give people touch in a healthy way, something that so many people are missing in their lives. 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This... makes me want to hug you. But not just hug you, to know you. I feel like there's something deeper within this that I'm missing.

This poem has real optimism to it. It positively reeks of life and hope. But I think that because of its unconventional form and kind of stream of consciousness approach, it comes across as very disconnected. Which, while not a bad thing as far as poetry is concerned, makes it harder to digest.

This is the kind of poem that grows on you before you really like it.